Monday, July 21, 2008

SSIS Bug / Workaround

I ran across a "feature" (bug) in SSIS today that I figured I'd record in case I ran across it again...

Error: SSIS Error Code DTS_E_OLEDBERROR. An OLE DB error has occurred. Error code: 0x80040E14. An OLE DB record is available. Source: "Microsoft SQL Native Client" Hresult: 0x80040E14 Description: "Cannot fetch a row from OLE DB provider "BULK" for linked server "(null)".". An OLE DB record is available. Source: "Microsoft SQL Native Client" Hresult: 0x80040E14 Description: "The OLE DB provider "BULK" for linked server "(null)" reported an error. The provider did not give any information about the error.". An OLE DB record is available. Source: "Microsoft SQL Native Client" Hresult: 0x80040E14 Description: "Reading from DTS buffer timed out.".

According to this MSDN forum thread, it's a bona-fide SSIS bug (I'm running SQL Server SP2 with the latest known patches as of this date.)

So the problem is in the SQL Server Destination. Changing it out for an OLEDB Destination seems to do the trick.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very good information. Many thanks. I was trying an SSIS package with the microsoft Navision odbc driver - and that was sensitive enough....when I came accross this problem, I was blaming the source driver until I found the problem to be the destination sql server driver. Changing to the oledb destination worked fine! Many thanks

Anonymous said...

Thank you...this worked for me, also!